Saturday 15 February 2014

sands of time

Hi..

I made a card last night to enter CAS-ual Fridays Stamps 'Blue' challenge. I have been waiting to use this stamp since the time I received it but couldn't think of a way as to how I'm going to.

Finally, this is what I managed to come up with. Sorry for bad pictures! No matter how hard I tried I couldn't take better pictures. Guess I needed more natural light but I didn't have time to wait!

I used 'Sands of time' stamp set. I used the adorable hour glass from the set.



Now you'll see that I have played around with the stamp a bit. The image on the center of the card is the original one from the set. The other two were altered a bit.



I wanted to 'show' the passing of time, that was why I came up with this. I altered the sizes of the hearts in the first and last image also the quantity of 'sand' in the lower half..


Added glossy accents for interest.

Thanks for visiting today! Have a great day! :)

ETA- Also entering Addicted to stamps and more challenge # 82 which is 'Make your mark' (I've used water color pencils and fine tip pens to color my images)

Also to CASology- The cue word is 'BOLD' (I think the hearts in the hour glass are bold, aren't they? :))


12 comments:

SD pooja said...

I loved this Sindhu ! What a wonderful way to show missing some one !

Shylaashree said...

Nice card and the glossy effect adds more beauty to it

Sathya said...

Such a clever use of stamp and a wonderful portray of the term "missing u"...Absolutely love it man!!!

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

Love the card Sindhu! love the way you used the sand clock stamp...really clever!

Sunehra Koshy said...

OMG Sindhu I just LOVE this one!! It's so clever!! Awesome work!!

Virginia L. said...

GREAT job! Your "sand" look so realistic, Sindhu! Fabulous use of this hour glass stamp! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Challenge!

Michele Gross said...

WOW! You did such an amazing job on this one!! I love how you showed the time passing, and the glossy accents look terrific. Thanks for joining in the fun at our Blue Challenge at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps!

Tracey McNeely said...

I love that stamp set, mine has not seen ink yet--inspired now. Beautiful and thoughtful card. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

Joyce said...

Such a pretty card, and very clever valentine. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Deepti said...

This is pure genius idea and perfect execution Sindhu :) love it, thank you for sharing with ATSM!!

stressfreestamping said...

Wow, that is awesome how you altered the stamp. I just LOVE it! The glossy accents are the perfect addition too. Thanks for joining us at ATSM. :)

Nonni said...

Wow! What a great layout and inventive card. The glossy looks great. Thanks for joining us at ATSM, we have just begun with a new challenge today, do join us again!