Sunday 14 September 2014

So cool!!

Hi everyone!

A quick post to share two cards I made a almost a week ago. Since I have nothing to do right now as I'm travelling, thought I might update my blog a bit. :)

Submitting both the cards to Simon Says Wednesday Challenge-' Make your own background' and Darnell's NBUS challenge. The stamp set from Simon Says Stamp was used for the first time to make these cards. I used the same stamp set to make two cards :)

The first card uses Winnie and Walter's free printable background. I printed it on the vellum and I love the effect.

I first stamped the border stamp from Simon Says Stamp Ice Cream Dream Stamp set in rainbow colored inks (it's not properly visible in the picture.) and adhered the printed out vellum on the stamped background. I then fussy cut out the stamped, colored images and adhered on the vellum. Finished the card with the sentiment stamp on a strip of white card stock which was mounted on the vellum again with foam adhesive tape.



For the second card, I stamped the border stamp from Simon Says Stamp Ice Cream Dream stamp set in three colors. I used distress inks for this purpose. Peacock feathers, mowed lawn and picked raspberry seemed to be a good choice. I stamped the image twice on a smooth card stock and colored with Faber Castell bicolor pencils, fussy cut them out and adhered on the stamped background with foam adhesive for dimension. The sentiment was stamped at the bottom and the card is done!



Submitting this second card to CAS.ology challenge where the cue word is 'three'. I stamped the border stamps to make the background on the second card in three colors (green, blue and pink).



I hope you like the cards...

See you...take care!

11 comments:

Radhika said...

Cool cards Sindhu..

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

The printed vellum looks so soft and dreamy! Love the cards Sindhu! Really gorgeous <3

SD pooja said...

Lovely cards ! Vellum on first one looks very interesting !

Colleen Dietrich said...

Delicious and adorable, Sindhu!

Teresa Kline said...

oh my, these are super sweet cards...luv the backgrounds! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Unknown said...

Awesome cards.I love your use of vellum.

Darnell said...

Oh, my gosh, Sindhu, I'm go glad I happened to come by to see you! You didn't link your fantastic card over at my NBUS Challenge! Please edit your post to add my button and then come back over and link your URL. Thank you!! I also love your card for the CASology "three" challenge! Hugs, Darnell

Darnell said...

As always, Sindhu, your designs are outstanding! I love both of these delicious cards and all the wonderful details. The dimension you achieved on that first one and that beautiful vellum are spectacular!! Thank you so much for playing in my second NBUS Challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

Monika Reeck said...

Hi Sindhu your card both are cuutee love the first one with that two dots the secon one great idea to stamp the background in three colors..how did you do that...I never gave my BG stamp three colors you did it so great..thanks for visiting my post..hugs, Monika from Germany.

Deepti said...

Cool cards :) love the yummy colors !

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful cards! Your stamping is so precise and I love these popsicles!