Wednesday 21 September 2016

Smile- MFT Card Design Superstar contest

Hi everyone!

How are you doing? It has been a LONG time since I blogged. Well, I have my excuses, the most acceptable one being my baby who just turned toddler! :) He is one little guy full of energy who always keeps us on our toes. 

Keeping the excuses aside,  I'm here to share a card I made for MFT Card Design Superstar contest.


A couple of months ago, I bought some MFT stamps and dies but couldn't use all of them.  It seemed a good time to get them out of their packages and make something.


It is a very straight forward card except for the flowers. I was so excited when the idea struck me. 

On a card base measuring 4.25''x5.5'', I sponged 'Tumbled glass' distress ink using the scallop stencil. I sponged it very lightly as I wanted the floral arrangement to take the centre stage. Then on a piece of cardstock measuring 4.25''x5.5'', I cut out a rounded rectangle window at the centre. Stamped the images, coloured, fussy cut them out and stuck them on the window. Sentiment from MFT's 'Fly by friends' was white heat embossed. 

Here is the stamp set that I used for the floral images. I separately stamped and fussy cut the stems for the arrangement.

I selected one of the three flowers with stems and cut the stem off and stamped just the flower. Then I did the same rotating the paper 180° (or you can rptate the stamp also) lining up the stamp with that circular portion at the bottom of the flower.

I made a small video clip to show the stamping process. You can also watch it on my YouTube channel (this is the first on my channel) HERE


I hope you like the idea and the card. Will be back soon to share one more card made for the contest.

Supplies used
MFT buildable bouquet stamp set
MFT Cascading scallops stencil
MFT inside and out stitched rounded rectangles dies

Take care.
Sindhu.

1 comment:

SD pooja said...

Its Beautiful !! So neat n clean design ..your trademark !