Friday 31 March 2017

Celebrate- card set for Altenew's March inspiration challenge.


Hello everyone! Hope you are all doing good.

I'm here with a picture heavy post again. I thought I might not be able to participate in the Altenew's March Inspiration challenge this time. I had no new ideas and to be honest I almost gave it a pass as I couldn't come up with anything worth sharing. 

But last night, I had time to craft as our little one slept earlier than usual. 

The colours in the inspiration picture were so bright and cheerful. 


I decided to use just one stamp and make three cards that looked different from one another. 

Here they are...


 Now for the first card...

I used a stencil to add some embossing paste for texture. I stamped images from 'Painted flowers' stamp set. I used yellow and orange inks on some flowers and orange and red on others. I stamped a sentiment from 'Label love' stamp set. After putting the card together, I added some sparkling clear sequins.


Here is a close up of the texture and flowers...


For the second card, I stamped some outline images from the same stamp set randomly to fill up the whole background.

I also stamped some images separately on white cardstock ans fussy cut them out. On the stamped pattern, with the help of my mirror block stamp, I inked up yellow, orange and red colours one at a time until the desire effect was obtained. I also adhered 3 of the fussy cut images to draw attention to the sentiment.  Used the same sentiment as before and added sequins to finish my card.


If there were to be no sentiment and those fussy cut image this could have been a perfectly flat one-layer- card.  I didn't plan to adhere the fussy cut images but without them, the sentiment looked lost.


The third card is a very simple one. I sponged Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick Distress Inks on TimHoltz watercolor cardstock and spritzed water with Ranger mini mister. I stamped more outline images from the stamp set I had used for the other two cards and fussy cut the images. I also went with the sane sentiment that said 'Celebrate'. Once the inked panel was dry, I put together the card and added clear sequins. I love how simple this card is!




I hope you like the cards...

Supplies used-
Altenew Painted Flowers stamp set,
Altenew Label Love stamp set,
Distress inks,
Dye inks (Altenew and Hero Arts).

No comments: