Tuesday 7 March 2017

Winnie and Walter birthday challenges.

Hello everyone!

A super quick post to share the three cards I made for the Winnie and Walter Birthday challenges. 


The first card is for the Cute critter challenge by Gayatri.

I usef this cute stamp set...


I also am submitting this card to Pattern making challenge with Mayuri as I made a pattern by randomly and repeatedly stamping image in the bacground for my card.



I made it with the free stamp set that Winnie and walter included in eligible orders. My sweet friend Piyu sent it to me to try it.


This is how I made it.

First, I stamped the big bold heart on a piece of Neenah Solar white cardstock in versamark ink. Since there was a lot of solid area, I left it to completely dry.

Note: The 'thanks' and the 'heart' are negative space of the bold heart. So when we stamp, the bold area gets stamped and the negative space remains white (or whatever the colour of the cardstock you choose to stamp on). There are two other separate stamps ('thanks' and 'heart') in the stamp set that let us fill in the negative space in the bold heart with whatever colour we want. 

After stamping the heart, i lined up the 'Thanks' sentiment and closed the door on my MISTI. I didn't need to worry about the stamp shifting any more since I repeatedly stamped in the same area. I inked up the stamp in different colours one after one, dabbing off some of the ink from the previous letters until I got that rainbow effect.

Then I realised that the colours didn't pop up much againstbthe black heart. So, i stamped those sentiments over the rainbow inked sentiments in white pigment ink, dabbed with a tissue paper. Then, I slightly shifted the sentiment stamps to one side to let the white show when stamped with coloured ink. (I saw this technique in one of the videos by Kristina Werner.) I repead the procesd of rainbow inking. Now, the sentiments did pop. I love the end result.


See the awesome dimension?

The rest of the card was finished by doing some ink smooshing in the background.

The last card also has two little cute birds from the set I showed above.

I sponged the card base with some very light brown ink using a stencil called 'Pattetn of the rings' by Winnie and Walter.

I stamped the birds on a piece of watercolour cardstock and fussy cut them. I also hand-drew a branch, some flowers, coloured and fussy cut them too. I assembles them on the cardbase.


Here is a close up....


Submitting this card to Kelly's stencil challenge.

I hope you like the cards. 

See you soon!


No comments: